Thursday, April 15, 2010

as i sat in church on Sunday during the sharing time, i kept thinking to myself, if i were to stand up and share something, what would i even say? not because i feel like i have nothing to offer, but partially because there has been so much going on, i'm not sure how people in the church would respond.


would i start off by talking about my little client who talks about how Jesus makes her bad dreams go away? would i keep talking about her and saying, this little girl spent the first six years of her life in a home that was anything but Christian, but because of the foster parent's she's been living with for almost a year now, she knows who Jesus is. and would i stop there? or would i keep talking about her and how she told her parents she was going to pray before she ate her dinner or the next visit where she told them that when she came back to live with them she wanted to go to church?


would i start off by sharing about the foster parents who house this little girl who have not only poured their lives into this little girl but the many other kids who have been placed into their care? and would i say what the foster mom told me when i told her that this little girl prayed before she ate her dinner, when she said, "atleast we're making a difference in the most important part of her life." or would i say that because of my interactions with this foster mom, i want to be one, too.


would i start off by sharing about the indian family i met at a gas station in marion? would i tell them that this family is of the Sikh religion? would i tell them that when they found out i was going to india this summer gave me their family's contact information in case i had any problems while i was in their home country? and then would i be bold enough to say--would you be willing to do the same?


i cannot adequately explain how active the Holy Spirit has been in my life over the course of this year. and i cannot explain how thankful i am for that either. it's so interesting how much differently i feel like i view things, from praying for the seemingly simple things in life, to the convictions i've felt when i learned in my perspective class about how half of a penny out of every dollar is how much funds mission work in completely unreached areas.


all i can really say in the midst of all of this is that i am thankful the Lord has grabbed my heart. and i am continually thankful for the journey that he's continually taking me on despite being a weak vessel.


and with all of that said...i'm going to end this post with a song that completely sums up my heart that makes me smile every time i hear it by Leeland:


"You lived among the least of these, the weary and the weak.
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.
All my needs you have supplied. When I was dead, you gave me life.
So how could I not give it away so freely?
I'll follow you into the homes of the broken, follow you into the world.
Meet the needs of the poor and the needy, God, follow you into the world.
Use my hands, use my feet to make your Kingdom come.
To the corners of the earth, until your work is done.
Faith without works is dead, on the cross your blood was shed;
So how could we not give it away so freely?
I'll follow you into the homes of the broken, follow you into the world.
Meet the needs of the poor and the needy, God, follow you into the world.
And I'll give all myself, I'll give all myself, I'll give all myself to you.
I'll follow you into the homes of the broken, follow you into the world.
Meet the needs fo the poor and the needy, God, follow you into the world..."

1 comment:

Jenna said...

your heart is so encouraging. i love how the Lord is working in your life- thank you for always being faithful to Him. you are a beautiful soul. :) cannot wait to see where His Spirit will continue to lead you. you are a blessing.