Saturday, June 14, 2008

as i sit here in this very small cubicle, i am able to be looking out a window onto the streets of india. and also, three boys are sitting right out in front of the window staring at me. i'm not sure i'll ever get used to the stares that we "white people" receive when we go out into the town.

regardless...our first week of time with the staff and children went so well. it's hard to believe we've been here for nearly 10 days, but it's also hard to believe that we have another four weeks here. i am absolutely overwhelmed at that thought but know that i am going to be crying like a baby when the time comes for us to have to say goodbye to the children and the staff.

it's such a privilege to be here, and i have cried many tears while i am here. to some of you who know me, that will come as a surprise because you know i don't cry often, and let me tell you it's come as a surprise to me as well. however, i know that so much of me is overwhelmed at the fact that i am back at the place where i left my heart 3 years ago and where i know i am going to have to say good bye to again not knowing when the Lord will open up the door for me to return or if he ever will.

i do ask for your continued prayers; thankfully, i have not gotten sick since we've been here but that has not held true for stacey, jessica, or my dad. i am thanking the Lord currently that i don't like vegetables because jess and my dad are convinced that it was some vegetables they ate for dinner that made them sick.

terry and jeeva, the couple who runs the orphanage, have been such a blessing. although their english isn't very good, they still manage to make us feel more honored than anyone in america could ever imagine. it's difficult though, because we want to serve them, but in their culture they don't necessarily understand that and are so hospitable...and we don't want to be rude and tell them no. oh, cultural barriers.

i feel like i have so much to share, and actually, i know that i do, but words on a blog don't do what i am learning justice. the Lord is so faithful and i am so very, very blessed and honored that He has chosen me. His grace is far more sufficient than I ever realized and i cannot explain to you how freeing it has been to come to that understanding.

regardless. your prayers and thoughts are appreciated more than i can express. i ask that you would continue praying and that you would specifically be praying for me as i am to be writing a sermon to give at a church in two weeks. not necessarily my cup of tea, but we'll see in what ways the Lord moves on this one :)

i will be updating again hopefully next saturday, so until then, know you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

No comments: