Thursday, July 10, 2008

I don't have much time but I wanted to take the time to update this to let you all know that I am still alive and loving my time here in India.

I cannot believe that we are departing on Sunday, and it has been quite the challenge to fight back tears everyday so far this week. I have a feeling Sunday my eyes are going to be bloodshot and my face tear stained, but I am still so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to be here for a little over five weeks.

The children are still amazing, beautiful, and loving, but they, along with the staff, are not happy we are leaving. I had one girl tell me the other day as we sat under a coconut tree that I just needed to move to India and finish my studies here and live with them for the rest of my life. I wanted to tell her I would in a heartbeat, but at the same time, I know that isn't what the Lord has for me right now.

So, for now, I will just continue praying that the Lord would show up and give me his strength to get through the next few days, and I will also continue praying that the Lord will give strength to these people here who have truly become my family. I have so many stories, so many things I have learned to share with each and everyone of you. Although the transition back to America may be difficult, I am looking forward to how the Lord continues to use this trip to not only bless me, but bless others, and I will continue praying expectantly for the Lord to show up not only in my life in ways I have never experienced but in your life too.

Be blessed today, my friends.

No comments: