Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Don't be sorry for compassion. It can move us to do amazing things, and it can help you gain a new perspective." -Soul Surfer

My heart is overwhelmed tonight; overwhelmed at the way God chooses to show up. Not in a bad way by any means. You see, tonight Dan went to bed early because he has clinical tomorrow, and I didn't need to go to bed early tonight because I have MLK day off work. The majority of my homework is finished and because this is pretty much my last official three day weekend until Eliana arrives I decided to watch Soul Surfer that I have had recorded for quite some time.

What a powerful story. What an amazing young lady not afraid to stand up for what she believes in and who trusts the Lord wholeheartedly regardless of the storms she has be through.

It reminds me of the small group; I talked with the girls today about the fact that they were made to make a difference. They were created for purpose. They were created with intention, and God stands in awe of them. It reminds me of the reality that God has created me for purpose and stands in awe of me as well. He has created me to love my clients even when they are unlovable. He has created me to be an encourager to those he has brought across my path. He has created me to be an example. He has created me raise Eliana to know Him, to trust Him, to love Him, to honor Him, and to believe that she is created with purpose as well.

I am so unworthy; truly unworthy. If people only knew my flaws, my worries, my control issues they would understandly that I really am a wretch that was saved. Saved solely by grace.

I didn't ask for God to show up today in my life the way that He has necessarily, but He met me where I was at. He knew that I needed it, and for that I am grateful. I am grateful that with every kick Eliana makes I am reminded of what her name truly means: "God has answered with joy". In case you missed that GOD has answered with JOY, not just in entrusting me with the baby He has given to me but in so many other areas as well.

If only Eliana could understand how much she has already taught me before I have even held her in my arms.

Thank you, Father...

1 comment:

stacey said...

beautiful, elizabeth. it is such an amazing thing to know that we serve a God that is personal...that knows each of our needs and meets us right where we are. every time. it's an encouragement to read your words. love you, sweet friend.