Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sometimes I wish people could be a fly on the wall in my house to hear my husband's and my interactions; we think we are quite funny.

Through a course of events last night, Dan and I started talking about the future and him getting a job after graduation. You can only imagine how these types of conversations go with a Type A personality (me) and a Type B personality (Dan), and in case you can't imagine how they go, well, they don't go well. Dan's philosophy is "I will get a job at some point and it will be fine." My philosophy is "I need to know when you are going to get a job so that I can figure out insurance, my internship, babysitting for Eliana, and paying for my Grad School." After expressing that to Dan, Dan's philosophy still remains, "I will get a job at some point and it will be fine." To make a long story short, Dan eventually looks at me as I continue to list all the reasons I need answers and for him to get a job ASAP after graduation and says, "You're so...You're so...UGH, I don't even have a word for it!!" To which I mock him and say, "Well you need to practice using your words so why don't you come up with something?" He tried determined, focused, "planny", etc; I agreed with him, and he was shocked. His response to that was, "Well, I was going to say rigid and inflexible, but I didn't figure you would take that well." I laughed, so hard, because it is so true. Like I said, I Type A; 100% maybe 150%. It's a good thing I married a Type B to balance me out.

And to top the rest of the night off, my devotions were all about trusting God with the future. I couldn't help but laugh, and I would venture to say God was probably shaking his head and smiling at me as well.

Anyway, if you think about it; I'd appreciate your prayers for the opportunity that started the converstaion between Dan and me for the future. God has a plan, and I know that. I must trust Him, and I must trust He will have me in the perfect place at the perfect time.

Moving on; I have a couple piece of parenting advice/stories I figured are worth sharing:

1. Last week I had a client who continuously attempted to put her feet on me and they smelled WRETCHED. I know that since I am pregnant my sense of smell is enhanced, but seriously, I thought I would vomit. Before I left the house, I told her dad that she needed a bath that night, and he asked me if she smelled bad. I told him that her feet smelled and that she needed a shower. His response, "Well, that's what she gets for not wearing socks with her boots." To which I asked my client why she doesn't wear socks with her boots. She responded, "They make my feet too hot in the furry boots." Her dad said, "And I'm not quite sure how you argue with that logic!!" I left the house shaking my head thinking; argue with that logic? Really? When you are the parent and you have a child and you want them to wear socks, you simply do not give them an option. Now that seems more logical to me; especially considering its 24 degrees outside.
2. I had another client tell me that I really need to watch my bladder after I have a baby, because it drops and becomes weak and I am going to lose all control over it once the baby is here. Now, I'm well aware that while pregnant there is more pressure on the bladder and after being pregnant I am not saying that my bladder won't have changed or whatever, but losing all control? I'm not convinced...perhaps in three months I will feel differently, but just saying. Seems a little far fetched to me.

Ok, that's all I've got for now; I'm sure there will be more soon!

No comments: