Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Someone remind me to never again talk about how I am going to spend my free time. Life has been a little on the hectic side, but I suppose that is nothing new.

First, legitimately a week after class I got the worst stomach flu of my life. I seriously don't think I have ever been so sick in my entire life, and in over two years of work, I had to take my first sick day which then turned into two sick days. Chalk up a trip to the ER too why don't we on the first night that the nasty bug reared its ugly head. Thankfully, the nurses and doctors were able to stop all my symptoms and after almost two bags of fluids, I wasn't as dehydrated. It took me about 5 days to fully recover, but now I am back to normal. Well as normal as I can be awhile pregnant with the morning sickness that is still left.

The sad part of the whole stomach flu fiasco was that I had started feeling sick at work, but I didn't think anything of it really because I have been so used to being sick for nearly the last five months. Fortunately, I didn't get sick in my client's house; I made it outside to their yard, was then able to finish the meeting, drive halfway home, pull over and get sick, and then I made it back to my house before the worst of it hit. Still NOT fun, and NOT fun while pregnant. Thankfully, from what we know right now, Baby Eliana is still doing well. Her heartrate was good at the hospital and it was good at my doctor's appointment the Friday after. And let's be honest, she's still kicking up a storm. So I am just hoping and praying that she was protected and everything will continue moving on smoothly. Did I mention Dan ended up with the flu two days later?? Thankfully he didn't get it as bad...

So, moving on, after recovering from the flu, then it was Christmas. And oh how I love Christmas!! We celebrated with Dan's dad's family where we announced Eliana's name by giving Dan's younger sister all the letters mixed up in a box that she had to try to arrange and then pronounce the name. It didn't work out so well so then the whole family got in on it, and we were able to tell them. Everyone liked it, but no one had heard of it, so it took awhile for some of them to learn how to pronounce it.

Then on Christmas morning, Dan and I were talking before we got ready for church and my cell phone rang. It was 8:30 in the morning, and when I saw it was my mom I was a little shocked because she's not usually up that early. When I answered, she told me my grandma had collapsed and dad was rushing over to her house immediately and 911 had already been called. To make a long story short, she was taken to the hospital by ambulance, kept for observation, had a heart attack the day after, was transferred to Parkview in Fort Wayne and then had a Pacemaker put in on Tuesday and was back home on Wednesday where she is doing well but still recovering.

That added a little bit of stress on Christmas day, but I am beyond thankful that she is ok. She seems to be a little excited to have a great-grandchild around here since her eldest great-grandchild lives in Arizona and Kaelyn lives 5 hours away. Later that day we still went to Dan's mom's house for Christmas with that side of the family. The kids were so excited and there was so much energy but it was a good day.

My sister and her husband then got home that night and we went to see them over there; they were home from Sunday night-Friday morning so LOTS of time was spent over at my parents house that week, but spending time with them and my niece was precious. And then after that week, it was the weekend and Dan and I did not do anything for New Years as we recovered from the craziness of the past week or so.

And now it's back to work. And soon school will be starting again, but for now, I will relish in the time that I do not have to spend doing school work because I have a feeling this next class is going to kick my behind.

That's all for now; next time, I will update more parenting advice...have no fear, they haven't stopped giving it!

No comments: